Have red and watery eye. Not cured by vigamox. Any suggestion?

Dr. Mihir Shah

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: It's almost 3 days I have consulted with a doctor since my left eye is full red and water is coming out. Doctor said its symptoms of conjunctivitis and prescribed for eye drops 'Vigamox' and 'RENICOL'.But still no relief.
Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You might me having viral conjunctivitis. So antibiotics will not help. Wash your eyes frequently with water. Viral conjunctivitis takes about a week to resolve. Wait for another two days. if you dont find any relief consult your eye doctor.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah