Have recurring bruise on arm. Any cure?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Blood Disorders
Question: Recurring bruise on my arm
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

As we get older our skin becomes more thin. This can predisposed to easy bruising. This is especially the case with minor trauma.

If you are noticing excessive amounts of bruising however, it might be necessary for you to visit with your Sometimes if the platelet count is low this can lead to easy bruising. Also if there is some type of disruption of the normal Coagulation in the body this can also cause bruising.

If this is becoming more of a problem I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about this as soon as possibe.

I don't think you are in any immediate danger but I would like you to have this investigated.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this concern.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert