Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have recurring balanitis. Getting pain in tailbone. Test done for STD. Required treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
I am having constant pain in my tail bone since last 1 year. I am also having persistent balanitis since last 1 yr. I got my STD tests carried out for HSV1, HSV2, Syphillis, and HIV also. I am enclosing the report for the same. As it can be seen, all tests were negative. However, I feel that I have contracted HSV2 infection as i had oral as well as protected sex with a casual acquaintaince in March 2010, three months after which I developed 4 to 5 pimple like small boils (without water or pus inside) in my groin area including lower half of the penis. They cleared up in about four weeks time on their own. Subsequently in August 2012, I suddenly developed two small chanchre sores just below the glans of my penis which went away on its own after about a week and have not occurred again since then. On being advised by a Doctor friend, I took a 14 day antibiotic course of Doxycycline 100mg (twice a day). I contracted Balanitis about an year back and it keeps on recurring on and off. I have had anti-fungal medication and also apply Clotrimazole cream and soframycin topically over the effected area of my penis.I am otherwise a healthy 41 year old male with all blood parameters within healthy limits. Please diagnose my conditionand help me with the treatment for balanitis and constant mild to severe pain in my coccyx (tail bone).
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 47 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
The pain in the sacral area could be due to proctitis.Take some pain killers for that.
Recurrent balanitis is due to fungal infections.This time when you have a infection take swab for microbiology testing and antibiotic sensitivity.Consult you local physician for the test.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor