Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

127 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have rashes on leg and pelvic area after using men's perfume. How to get rid of rashes?

Answered by
Dr. Lohit K

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2007

Answered : 1649 Questions

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: I was recently given a gift of cologne or men's perfume that was bought in Mexico and made in Italy. I used it for a couple of days and now I have four areas that a rash has appeared. One on each leg up around the pelvic area and one on the side of my back and another on the lower part of my leg. I am assuming that the new product is causing this because that is the only thing different that I did or ate etc over the last few days. Can this happen and if so, what can I do to get rid of the rash and treat it? How long will it last? I have not used the product in nearly 24 hours now.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to perfume.2-7days.Antihistamine,steroi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX Yes this could be due to new perfume. May be allergic or chemical reaction. Usually allergic reaction / chemical reaction occur in the exposed part. Is it itching? how does the rash look like? Is there any inflammatory signs? It will be better to diagnose if you can upload the photo of the rash. Usually the rash due too allergy or chemical disappear in couple of days with avoiding re-exposure to the same chemical. But if infected or any severe tissue damage it will take more time. If due to allergic reaction you should take anti histamine drug like chlorphneramine malate and steroid like prednisolone to prevent any further problem due to allergic reaction and can apply calamine lotion over the rash. If severe rash topical steroid(like mometasone) will help you. For chemical reaction the same measures can be followed with extra protection to rash using betadine lotion and if necessary antibiotics. Better to get examined by your doctor once to confirm the diagnose and for management based on examination. Hope this information is both informative and helpful to you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you faster recovery. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Betadine

doctor1 MD

15 days earlier I had a wound in my anus, though the stool passed easily but when i cleaned it on touching the anus ring the wound hearted and even the blood started coming out. Then I took some medicine and also applied Betadine on my wound, hence with time I got relief with no blood and no pain. but even now I have a little burning there . What should I do?

doctor1 MD

I have an infected sore on my arm that started off as an itchy spot, now there are 2 more starting up. I have been bathing it in salty water,applying betadine ointment and covering with large banda aid. I was getting sore under the arm. but it has settled down for a bit. I havehad this for owver a week. what am I doing wrong.

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed as having celulitis on left leg. However now I am beig told it was reaction to betadine/savlon/dettol used at various stages when i was being treated in the hospital.Can reaction to such normal cleaning agents cause reactions like cellulitis?

doctor1 MD

I am a Brest Cancer patient. 2Chemo+Surgery(removed breast)+4Chemo+Radiation in 2009. Fron 2010 i have been suffering from on and off earaches which starts with a cold then a throat pain and finally an ear ache. I have antibiotics and it gets treated but just keeps reccuring. 13thNov, i had a dust allergy which started a mil.d cold and a headache, i took a paracetamol and the next 2 days were ok.Then the next day again headache and shivering, i took crocin and then a paracetamol again and was ok. This resulted in a throat ache and i did a gargle with betadine solution and inhalation with vicks. Things turned out ok again. Now, 23rd,24th, i stated getting severe earache and had a tab for the pain which lasts for onbly 6hrs. 27th pain was so much,had to see an ENT and he prescribed Advent 625 + Ailrite DC + Becocin + Dola 650. I cant hear now thru my left ear. I am just on the 2nd day of this huge medication.

doctor1 MD

Swallowed lil quantities of betadine 2% while gargling.... About 5 times a day for last two days. Had lot of cough and vomitting after that. Please suggest what to do?

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor it’s been almost 3 days I ve a boil on my finger which is now turned white and is extremely painful...however a few months back I had a negligible risky sexual I had been quite tensed due to the pus filled in the boil...

doctor1 MD

Hi a few weeks ago the outside of my vagina was really itchy, so I scratched it and then I noticed there was some blood. So I thought I burst a spot or something. Now that area looks like a blister but without the bubble on top it’s the same...