Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Have rashes in pubic area and inner thigh. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I have rashes in pubic area and inner thigh
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You could be having fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
Rash in pubic area involving inner thigh could be tinea cruris( fungal infection). Other possbilities could be intertrigo(due to sweat and friction) or seborrheic dermatitis(type of eczema)

As most probably it is tinea, please dust the area with antifungal powder like clotrimazole powder in morning and apply an antifungal cream in night like terbinafine cream. if itchy please take tablet cetrizine. One may also need to start oral fluconazole 150 mg on weekly basis for faster resolution. The lesion should resolve in a week or two

Sending an image of the affected area would help in clinching the diagnosis.
Hope this helped.
take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor