Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Have rash on inner thigh and scortum. Using antibacterial cream on it. Started spreading. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hey I have had a rash on my inner thigh and scrotum for some time now have been using antibacterial cream on it but hasn't helped has since spread to base of penis and forskin. Skin has dryed up in affected areas and starting to crack.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
The most important cause for skin rashes on inner thigh can be because of sweat rash or heat rash or fungal infection.
Your symptoms suggest that you are probably having fungal infection of skin which is very common in this area since the humid conditions in this area is very conducive for the fungal infection to thrive.
What you require is an anti fungal cream to be applied locally.
After bath dry the area properly and then you can apply the anti fungal cream ( CLOTRIMAZOLE ) twice daily.
Since you are having this rash for quite some time,you may take oral anti fungal known as FLUCANAZOLE 150 mg once a week for 6 weeks.
Wear loose undergarments and made of cotton.
Avoid synthetic clothes.
I think you should be all right in 2 to 3 weeks.
In case you dont improve,you may consult a dermatologist for the treatment.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have rash on inner thigh and scortum. Using antibacterial cream on it. Started spreading. Cure? 2 hours later
Can I get these creams from a local chemist or do I have to see my gp? I got a form
Of hair folicol infection from sweating to much about 4 months ago could this of acured from this?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
These are OTC products and you should be able to get them without prescription,however you may enquire from your local pharmacist.
Past folliculitis infection is not responsible for present fungal infection.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor