Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have raised small black growth in pubic hair. It is itchy and bleed while shaving. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
I have a raised small black growth in my pubic hair. It is itchy and bleed when I shaved the area.
There is only 1 growth.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 8 hours later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

From your description of the growth it looks very much like a Wart ( viral wart) . This is highly vascular growth which can be itchy and bleeds easily .
I would suggest you should book at appointment with the Dermatologist . They will examine the area and confirm the diagnosis and provide treatment which can be either through creams like imiquimod or through cryosurgery .

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor