Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have raised cholesterol level. How to control it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hi.. my age is 29 years and my cholesterol level 205 mg/dl and fasting blood sugar level is 82 mg/dl.
Could you please tell me if these levels are okay , if not what do you think I should proceed with.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your sugar levels are within range and there is nothing to worry .

Your cholesterol levels are slightly raised , generally < 200 mg/dl should be there . This can be treated with life style modification like exercising for 30 minutes everyday and avoiding fried and fatty foods . You do not require any medicine at present.

You should repeat your levels after 2 months following these interventions .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have raised cholesterol level. How to control it? 7 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your reply !

Also do you think , I should do LDL and HDL test to precisely know about cholesterol. Is Total cholesterol level is sum of LDL and HDL ?

What they signify and what should be their range ?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I dont think you require them.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

I dont think you require any further testing . At age of 29 years body has its own mechanisms to correct the problems . If you cholesterol comes abnormal for seconf time then only further testing is advisable .

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor