Have raised blood pressure. What to do?
Not at present.
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
This blood pressure is raised. A reading over 140/90 would be considered high. However, it would not be appropriate to make a decision regarding the need for treatment based on one reading. Therefore, I would suggest that you do not need to attend the ER right now. The stress you are experiencing at present may contribute to the blood pressure reading.
I suggest you take your blood pressure two to three times a day, morning, afternoon and evening for a week. If you still have concerns, then a visit to your doctor would be advisable. There are certain lifestyle changes that can help lower blood pressure. These include losing weight if obese, stopping smoking, regular exercise, a low-salt diet, eating adequate fruit and vegetables, cutting down on caffeine.
I hope these comments have been of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Epilim raised blood pressure
- Ways to raise blood pressure
- Raise low blood pressure
- How to raise blood pressure
- Sunburn raises blood pressure
- Raised systolic blood pressure
- Effexor raise blood pressure
- Will pseudoephedrine raise blood pressure
- What things can raise blood pressure
- Lisinopril raising blood pressure
- Prescribed morphgesic tablets. Taking laxative laxido for constipation....
- Piece of wisdom tooth broke exposing tender area. Can I wait? Concerned?
- Feeling something under tongue, gross taste and taste of blood....
- Taking nitrofurantoin for a urinary infection. Suffer from RA, having...
- Feel pulsating, throbbing sensation when running and climbing. Had ...
- Having soreness in arm, metallic taste in mouth and chest tightness....
- Having bartholin cyst o labia. Having vaginal discharge, with foul smell...
- Throat burning and having taste of bleach when using clorox with bleach...
- Had accidentally tasted clorox with bleach, throat hurts a bit. Anything...
- Experiencing episodes of heartbeat while laying down. Cause? Should I be...