Have raised and itchy rashes. Looking for cure

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: yes i have a red slightly raised and slightly itchy rash the size of a quarter what is it?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 51 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of ringworm thats fungal infection.

Many antifungal creams can clear the condition in around two weeks. Examples of such preparations include those that contain clotrimazole(Cruex cream, Desenex cream, Lotrimin cream, lotion, and solution), miconazole(Monistat-Derm cream), ketoconazole(Nizoral cream), econazole (Spectazole), naftifine (Naftin), and terbinafine (Lamisil cream and solution). Any one cream can be used.

Minimizing sweat and moisture can help prevent fungal infections.

I hope I have been helpful to you, Please ask if there are any doubts.

Thank you. Regards

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
I have some cortizone 10 cream does that help?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
It can help to control itching, but will not cure infection.So better to use combination with anti-fungal.