Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have raised Prostate Specific Antigen. Should I be concerned?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9670 Questions
I am 80 years old and have a PSA of 8, at my age should I have a biopsy.
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted with serum PSA of 8 should be investigated thoroughly to rule out cancer of the prostate.

Please consult qualified Urologist for Multicore Ultrasound guided biopsy of the prostate and other related investigations.

Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to address the same.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor