Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Have pus filled painful hard lump on anus. Not cured by hemorrhoid creams. Any relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5765 Questions
I have an extremely painful large hard lump in the anus on the righ side. This has been going on for a long time years. My doctor thought it may be a large XXXXXXX hemmeroid. It makes it difficult to urinate. There is actually a a scab that has formed just outside the anus and sometimes will puss and a small amount of blood. It does not go away with hemmeroid creams or suppositories. Do't know what to do as I fight this extreme pain every day.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Extremely painful and hard lump fits more to an abscess. Hemorrhoid usually does not indicate any pain, and if it does, the pain is not strong.
Such abscess can appear due to skin inflammation or due to rectal-skin fistula (more probable). As you have probably noticed nothing is helping with it, I suggest you to visit general surgeon (you can go to ER with it).

Small incision and pus drainage will help right away.

It is also important to diagnose it (but after a healing of acute inflammation). TO do that, rectosigmoidoscopy or MRI should be performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor