Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have pus filled lump on toe. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I have a pus pocket on my big toe, what would you suggest I do? My email is
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Most of the superficial lesions filled with pus have to be incised and the pus drained.This is a definitive treatment and removing the pus helps in healing.Also instillation or application of antibiotic ointments in the left over wound after removal of pus would be best management option.

Do attach an image of the lesion in here ,after having a look at it I can be sure of the specific management option for the type of the lesion you have.

Also provide me some details on the development of the pus filled lesion.

Since when do you have the lesion ?
Since when did you start noticing the pus ?
What is the size of the lesion ?
Did you have any trauma before the development of the lesion ?

Waiting for your response,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor