Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have pus filled bump behind ear. What should I do to cure it?

Answered by
Dr. Kruti


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 345 Questions

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a large bump behind my ear and when squeezed something thick and white comes out of them, it has a bad smell. They continue to fill back up. I have one now I can't pop and I think it's very infected! Very large! What do I do.?????
Answered by Dr. Kruti 57 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern.

This seems to be a sebaceous cyst.

For the infection you will need a prescription for a course of oral antibiotics like erythromycin.

The sebaceous cyst will need to be excised by your dermatologist.

I would recommend that you visit a competent dermatologist who can help you with the same.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kruti 6 minutes later
Two people told me to sterilize a pin and drain myself! Should I do that. No doctors are in now! Should I go to hostipal ER ? It's very large and hurts.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Yes you need to go to the ER. Please don't drain it yourself. It should not lead to further pain and infection.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Erythromycin

doctor1 MD

My father, age 78, is in excellent health and only takes medication for hypercholesterolemia (low 200 s). He recently started Erythromycin for head and chest congestion and sore throat. After taking this for a few days he had blood blisters erupt in his scalp and ears. His head felt a lot of pressure and he was worried he might be having a stroke. His neck and head were stiff with some numbness in his right arm. He DC d the antibiotic and went to his doctor, who placed him on Prednisone. Now he is a little groggy and isn t feeling well so he stopped the Prednisone. He sounds weak and we aren t sure why he was put on the Prednisone. My question is - why take Prednisone if the blisters are drying up? What is the benefit versus the risks?

doctor1 MD

Hi can scoliosis cause chest pains, i m 58 and was born Scoliosis and Spina Bifida had spinal fusion in 2002 from a car accident to fix a Bulging Herniated Defuse disc but my main problem is i always have chest pains all of my life and the Dr s can seem to pinpoint the problem had monitors,halters,echo s nitro,stress test and all other source of testing done also i have along list of drugs that i m allergic to close to 20 something like (Cephalosporins,Erythromycin Derivatives,Nsaids,Penicillins,Phenothiazines,Salicylates and Sulfa Drugs and food and the LIST goes on so they always tell me i m sorry but your allergic to so many drugs we dont know what to give you .... is there any other Dr s OUT HERE that can help me!

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor Good day, My baby age is 4 yrs 9 month, Urine analysis report is color:straw, sediment:nil specific gravity:1025, Ph:5.0, album: (-), sugar:nil, Urobilonogen:normal, bilirubin:nil, nitrite:negative, ketone bodies:negative, bile salts:not done, pus cells 20-25 /hpf, rbc:nil, epithelial cells:3-5/hpf, calcium oxalate: epithelial, amorphous phosphate: hyaline, Uric acid(spermatozoa:nil,bacteria:nil,fungus:nil) c/s report: Ampicillin : Resistant, Nitrofurantoin: sensitive, Meorpenem : sensitive, co-trimoxazole: Resistant doxycycline : Resistant erythromycin: : sensitive, imipenem : : sensitive, cafaclor : : sensitive, gentamycin: Resistant nalidixic acid : Resistant ciprofloxacin: : sensitive, azithromycin: : sensitive, amikacin: : sensitive, ceftriaxone: Resistant Please advice me .

doctor1 MD

Hello. I recently noticed little brown spots on my right index & middle finger, I don t know how I got them but I have recently been taking erythromycin for a chest infection. Would the brown spots on my fingers be a side effect of the medication?

doctor1 MD

Dr. XXXXXXX Gibson XXXXXXX Hello Dr, I am doing good. I am on diet and I lost 2 kgs in just 25 days. Now my concern is I am getting lots of pimples on the face, it started appearing just 20 to 25 days back. I really don't know what is the cause of...

doctor1 MD

My husband is 70 years old. Is a bk amputee who developed gastroparesis about a year ago. Yesterday afternoon she took a nap and when he awoke he had a tremor in his arms, upper body, head and hands. He kept dropping things. After dinner he went...

doctor1 MD

I am a 77-year old male with CAD (5 stents) and have a sore throat without fever but a little nasal congestion especially each morning. Have had the throat problem just over two weeks. The local doctor gave me a drug called Azithromycin (a 6 pack...