Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have problems with periods. Can a fifteen-year old visit the doctor on her own, or with an adult?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
My Sons 15 year old girlfriend is having problems with her periods, but cannot confide in her Mother (single parent family). Can she visit the doctor on her own, or does she have to be accompanied by an adult ? (I don't feel I can really go with her for obvious reasons)
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
hi J.frankis,
Thanks for the query.

as in diagnosing the cause for irregular periods,
physical examination, ultrasound examination and hormonal evaluation etc may be needed,
so to examine a minor girl adults must accompany her in general,
and ultrasound examination and hormonal evaluation etc needs to pay money at health centers,
so because of all these issues and for medico legal purposes it is good that an adult preferably her mother accompany her,
let her discuss the problem with her mother hope she will understand.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor