Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have problem of small penis both in erect and flaccid state. Should i consult a doctor?

Answered by
Dr. Manuel C See IV


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 770 Questions

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I'm 24 and 250lbs and stand 6"3 I have measured my penis three times a day for three days to come up with an erect average of 3inches and flaccid average of 1.9inches stretched. should I follow up with urologist about microphallas?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may be suffering from micropenis. Detailed Answer: Good Day! The average penile length is 5.5-6.5 inches. The proper way to measure is to stretch the penis and measure from the base to the tip of the penis. Often times if the patient has a prominent or a bulky fat pad then this may lessen the penile length. You may be suffering from micropenis and I would strongly suggest seeing a Urologist for a proper examination and for him to advise you on treatment options. I would caution you on medicines and gels sold all over the Internet that claims that they can enlarge your penis. Please don't waste your money on them. You may also try jelqing manuever. It is stretching and milking the penis from the base to the tip everyday. Just be gentle to avoid damage to blood vessels and your organ. I hope I am able to answer your question clearly and satisfactory and Thank you very much.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Micropenis

doctor1 MD

Hi there Please advise my son is turning 12 in less than a months time and the endocinologist has seen him last year. He is due to start hormone med in 2012 only & he was diagnosed with a condition called Micropenis. Is there anything further we can do to help him.

doctor1 MD

what heals epidyimooritis? the Dr. told try masturbating and see if it hurts ejaculation. I did that and it didn't hurt. what should I do?

doctor1 MD

hello I would like I ask a question about puberty and penis currently 21 I think I started puberty quite early as I was always really tall compared to my peers and even taller than some older students at my school but when it comes to my...

doctor1 MD

Hello I am 23 year old male ,i have got some tests done in which my dheas-187,testerone-258 and prolactin-19 and esr -45,got gynecomastia surgery done and currently having problem of distal hypospadias -have short penis-i suppose under developed,erection for small time and sperm volume on ejaculation very low and does not come the second time,less hair on my body,less secondary sexual characters such as less hair on body-chest and face ,high pitch voice and no muscle mass ,less bone density,get fatigued easily.Suffer from low blood pressure and high pulse rate-114 to 120.Pls suggest some treatements to get me fit.

doctor1 MD


i m 18 year old boy frm delhi nd i have a problem tht i have small penis size and my height is 5.5 my penis size approx 10-11 cm erect is it normal according to my age or it is small and i have seen in some pics tht penis have no layer on it but in my penis there is a lyer on it which when i rub sometym pains

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 6 foot 5 inches, 290 lbs, 20 years old, male, and am anosmic. I fear that I have xxy chromosomal makeup. I have a micropenis, hypogonadism, and what looks like gynocamastia, my breast size is about a b or c cup, and if i actually have any ejaculation its always clear. I have no body hair at all, and no insurance either.

doctor1 MD

dear doctor, I am 30 years old men. Frequently i had a itching problem in my thigh(near to private area). its look like XXXXXXX itch. when i used western toilet immediately i got itching at my buttcks. should i always avoid to use western...