Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have problem getting erection. Can ED be treated permanently? Side effects of medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
hi i m 28 yrs old and i m having problem in getting erection, first i want to ask does ED can be treated permanently, 2nd question is there any side effects of medicinal treatment, and what is the duration of getting cured permanently.I have been taking some home tips like eating 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and i feel it is working slowely.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
The most common cause is mind related and counselling is needed to start with.
This can be done by a psychologist/psychiatrist and to some extent by urologist.
It is mostly about getting back the confidence and the medicines will help.
Side effects usually is moderate headache, if at all. There are no significant long term side effects.
There is no question of permanent cure, as it is not a disease and it is a condition only.
Duration is variable and depends on the severity of the problem.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any---

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have problem getting erection. Can ED be treated permanently? Side effects of medication? 17 hours later
Thanks sir but i have some more questions to ask
1- Does use to viagra and levitis permanently cures the state

2-should i consult a urologistist and can he help me out with this
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 31 minutes later

Thanks for ur reply.
A Urologist in your locality can definitely guide you after listening to your history and doing physical examination.
The usage of the mentioned medicines are meant to get good erection during the act. They do not cure the problem as such.
Instead, it will help you get the confidence back and proceed further.
A psychologist consult will do a lot to return to normal health.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor