Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have post coital bleeding, painful intercourse, back pain, indigestion, fatigue, frequent urination and abdominal pain. Remedy?

May 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6502 Questions
I have post coital bleeding, painful intercourse for last 12/ 18 months, back pain , extreme indigestion, fatigue, frequent need to urinate and am post menopausal. Can i ignore these symptoms any longer? Ingestion developed over last two months as has back pain and fatigue. am also extremely thirsty all the time. Abdominal pain is sharp and mostly centered on right side.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Hello XXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.

This is Dr Vivek answering your question.

From information provided, I assume you are a 53 years old lady, past your menopause and now with post coital bleeding and painful intercourse for last 12/ 18 months. Added to it you are having indigestion, fatigue, and increased frequency for urination with right abdominal pain and back pain.

Apart from clinically examining you, the first thing I would like to do will be a pap smear. It is a simple test and will tell us any problem with the lining of the cervix (mouth of the uterus). From a pap smear we can conclude it there is cervicitis (infection of the cervix) or any change in type of cells (metaplasia).

Following that an ultrasound scan of your abdomen will be most important. It will show anything structurally wrong in the uterus (cervix, endometrium and myometrium) or ovaries. It will also help in assessing the abdominal organs.

Depending on your ultrasound scan and pap smear reports, further investigations may be necessary.

Regarding your back pain, indigestion, fatigue, increased frequency of urination, all these could be related to the post coital bleeding.

Please don't ignore these symptoms any longer and have consultation with your gynecologist at the earliest. With so many developments in medical sciences, diagnosis and treatment is readily available.

Further questions are welcome.

If you do not have any questions, I request you to please close this thread and post a feedback.

Wishing you good health.

Dr Vivek
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor