Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have polyp protruding from Urethra area. It seems to be infected and painful. Can polysporin be used?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
I have a polyp protruding from my Urethra area. It appears to be infected and is quite painful right now. I believe this was exacerbated by a reoccurring yeast infection. Would it be sate for me to use polysporin on the polyp....given it is actually internal??
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi Dmkeeley,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The growth in urethra area may be a cyst, a polyp, a neoplasm, a papilloma.
In your case the top is infected to antibiotic cream polysporin will be helpful in healing the superficial infection but would not cure the fleshy growth.
It should be surgically excited and biopsied for histopathology.
So you should consult a local gynecologist for radical solution.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor