Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have pneumothorax. Having pain. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
I think I have a pneumothorax, am in excrutiating pain. Should I call an ambulance?
It has got much worse since yesterday and it is really hard to breathe especially if I lie down.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 7 minutes later
Dear patient,

yes, by all means; you should be assessed in the Emergency Department; acute excruciating chest pain in the elderly needs ruling out the dreaded possibilities of a heart attack, pneumothorax, aortic dissection, pulmonary embolism and esophageal rupture; the ED phsyicians are expertes at this.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor