Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have pink colored cyst on scrotum under the skin, it doesn't hurt. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
i have a pink colored cyst on my scrotum. It is not on the testicles but under the skin away from the testicles. Do I need to worry about it. It is the size of pea now and doesnt hurt or bother me at all.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sebaceous cyst or Enlarged follicular duct

Detailed Answer:

It does not seem worrisome. It could be sebaceious gland cyst or enlargement of hair follicle duct. Since it is not producing any symptom you should not carry it in your mind.

You can apply bacitracin and hot fomentation with damp hot cloth on it till it subsides.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have pink colored cyst on scrotum under the skin, it doesn't hurt. Should I be concerned? 25 minutes later
Ok thank you! Is there a possibility it needs to be surgically removed if it does not go using the above methods. I think it has grown a little bit over the past 3 months but it is still not more than the size of a chick pea. It seems like it has a white milky substance which is quite firm but it doesnt hurt at all. Thank you again and I will heed your advice
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely a sebaceous cyst

Detailed Answer:
Yes if it does not subside in size, it requires a simple drainage under aseptic conditions by a primary care doctor.

Do not worry, this is half a minute procedure under local anesthesia and you can walk off immediately from the clinic.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor