Have pimples on scalp and painful to touch. What is the treatment?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor, O have pimples on my scalp and the area around is red . It pains when i comb my hairs or touch it.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query and photograph. You are suffering from folliculitis of scalp. It is a bacterial infection. You need treatment with anti bacterials. Apply mupirocine ointment on your scalp twice daily. Take cap amoxycillin 500 mg thrice daily for a week. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Tank you