Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have pimples and open pores on face. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
i am 23 year old female and had pimples at college.Now, i dont have much of them but have open pores
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Acne can lead to scars, pits and open pores.
To treat these, the modalities available are
Chemical peels like Glycolic or salicylic acid peel

You can consult a doctor nearby to get your skin analysed , so that a personalised treatment plan can be suggested accordingly

Apart from that for open pores which are basically dilated oil gland openings, you may follow these

Use a salicylic acid based face wash
Use an alcohol free toner to minimise pores( temporarily)
Apply water based moisturiser
Apply tretinoin cream in night over face

Hope that helped
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor