Have pimple inside nostril. Taking medicine. Started feeling pain and swelling. Any advice?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: dr. my son in law is has a pimple in the iinerside of his nostril.he went his family physician. The physian extracted a pus from pimple.and advised Mox 500,Emanzen Tab and Advent Tab.But he still has a acute pain and swelling .since yesterday he is taking medcines.he has still pain and also feeling somewhat feverish. please advise.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

Your son-in-law is suffering from folliculitis of the nose (also termed as nasal vestibulitis). This happens when the hair follicle in the nose gets infected leading to pain and swelling.

Do not worry! It will subside with the above antibiotics. Plain Emanzen will not be sufficient enough to relieve the pain; he needs to take a pain killer along with that. Also, he can try using neosporin ointment for local application to relieve the pain and the swelling.

Hope with these measures he will recover soon. You can write back to me if there are any further queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon