Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have pigmentation on cheek. Not cured by cosmetic treatment and multivitamin. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
having pigmentation/blemishing around eye bone or u can say both the cheeks , its from last 2+ yrs.applied lot of cosmetic treatments with high multi vitamins but all in vain..
pl suggest
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems, you might be having melasma.
The treatment protocol and the response to treatment depends upon the depth of pigmentation. Light brown pigmentation implies superficial involvement while slate gray color or dark brown color implies deep involvement which is difficult to treat.
I would advise that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist so that your concerned area can be examined and depth of pigmentation can be confirmed by wood's lamp examination.
This is required for suggesting an appropriate treatment.
However as general measure
Avoid sun exposure. Apply sunscreen with SPF 50 even when staying indoors.
Apply hydroquinone 4 percent cream over the spots in night
Take vitamin c and antioxidant supplements
Chemical peels and lasers offer good response in difficult to treat melasma cases, for the same a dermatologist's consultation is required.
Hope that answers your query. Should there be any doubt feel free to write back.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor