Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have phimosis and foreskin cannot retract with erection. Any treatment?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Dear Doctor,

I am 28 year old and getting married in 3 months.
I have phimosis condition.
I am able to retract my foreskin almost fully in flaccid condition, I can see that my foreskin is attached to the base of my glans penis.
But when erect I can pull foreskin only till the glans penis is visible.

I want your opinion on what how this condition will affect my married life and what should be done for this.

I have read few answers by you, and I am aware circumcision can be an option, but I have read that circumcision affects sexual life.

Also, I am located in Chennai, it would be great if you can recommend a doctor in Chennai, who has experience in handling such cases.

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 44 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, you have phimosis. In this condition, as you have described, foreskin cannot be retracted beyond glans penis, in erected condition. But, you are able to retract the skin in normal condition.

In your married life, it will definitely cause a problem in starting. If you can overcome that there will be no problem. But, in that case, you may face some bleeding from the foreskin and some other complication like edema.

But, circumcision is definitely an option. In this procedure just the foreskin is cut which leads to smooth to and from movement of the foreskin over penis.

Here comes the point of your concern. Circumcision generally preferred in childhood. So, in that case due to friction between the glans and undergarment, the person may experience less sensitivity at the tip of penis in later part of life.

But there is no proof that circumcision itself can cause decreased sexuality of sex drive. So, do not worry. Circumcision does not hamper your sexual life.

So, I suggest circumcision for you. You can consult with a general surgeon for a circumcision operation. I cannot tell you about any particular doctor here.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor