Have petechiae rashes, mouth ulcer, frequent infections, fever and sore throat. Any treatment?

Dr. Sadiq Mughal

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: I am a 20 year old with petechiae rashes coming up often, unusual bruising, first mouth ulcer, frequent infections, fevers and sore throats? Ongoing for 2 months?
I have a photo to show you here WWW.WWWW.WW
What could this mean?
I only want to see a doctor if it's necessary which is why I'm asking online.
Thanks for your assisstance
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 5 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

I have gone through the details submitted. I also was able to view the picture on WWW.WWWW.WW
The details and pictures are suggestive of a hematological disorder (disorder of blood and blood components), either bleeding disorder or malignant disorder. The possibility is more of a bleeding disorder like thrombocytopenic purpura which occurs due to decreased platelet count.

Getting your blood counts tested (complete hemogram with platelet count) along with coagulation will help us ruling out bleeding disorders.

Yes, the details symptoms suggest further evaluation and it is worth consulting your physician / hematologist

Hope this answers your question. For any further query, do write to us

Take care and Regards,

Dr Sadiq

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad