Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have penile yeast infection. Which medicine should I take?

Dec 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 4791 Questions
I have penile yeast infection...what medicine should I take internally?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 26 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Penile yeast infection is caused by Candida. You are taking thyroxine 100 microgram per day, Selomax 50/5, Taxlac 40 and you are also not diabetic. Following is the treatment for penile thrush-

- Maintain adequate hygiene. Don't use hard soaps or detergents to clean affected part.

- Apply Nystatin and Clortrimazole cream locally over affected area.

- Have plenty of Curd or Yoghurt in diet.

- Systemic treatments consists of many drugs as Fluconazole, Amphotericine etc. Fluconazole 150 mg only one tablet will help in eradicating the infection.

Hope it helps you, If you have more queries then you can ask again.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor