Have penile discharge. Test results revealed klebsiella pneumonia + enterococcus infection. Having burning sensation. What to do?
any idea, The only drug that has helped lessen the discharge is cipro 500 2 x a day, But once the meds are stopped, The discharge comes back full force
Thanks for the query.
Prostatitis can be due to any bacteria and can be seen in any STD.
As you mentioned you got relief from ciprofloxacin, there must be a bacterial infection.
The microscopy is showing only pus cells and culture is negative for any organism which can cause discharge.
All these points are supporting the diagnosis of chlamydia. This organism is resistant to most of newer antibiotics. The best treatment of chlamydia is doxycycline. You can take 100 mg daily for 15 days. I think this should give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Thanks for the follow up. You have tried all antibiotics.
I would like to know whether any culture for candida was done. Another rare possibility is herpes virus. This virus usually causes fluid filled lesions but can also cause discharge rarely.
Let me know if these two diseases were ruled out ?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wondering if klebsiella pneumoniae can cause penile discharge
- Enterococcus infection and low sperm motility
- Diagnosed with klebsiella pneumoniae having penile discharge medications
- Drugs/medication for Enterococcus infection
- Treatment and cure for Enterococcus infection
- Symptoms of Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus infection
- Diagnosis of Enterococcus infection
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus infection causes
- Symptoms of Enterococcus infection
- Enterococcus infection causes
- Have swollen lymph node in neck and swollen lingual tonsils. Biopsy...
- Swallowed a pill without water. Started getting severe pain in throat...
- Have fluttering sensation under nipple, numbness in arm and leg. Any...
- Taking pulse treatment for pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gastric trouble....
- 27 years old. Facing problem of white beard. How to control this?
- Stomachache and gastritis. Noticed mucus in stool. CT scan normal. What...
- Small red itchy rashes appeared on skin. Suggest some medication
- Treated for non-diabetic neuropathy. Have swelling in calf, which goes...
- Have red patches on leg. No pain or itching. Should I be worried?
- Should I be worried if globulin level is in normal range?