Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gas problem after taking pulse treatment. Proper diagnosis?

Answered by
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 922 Questions

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Dear sir, My mother age is 50 and she is suffering from Phemphigus vulgaris and taking pulse treatment but after taking pulse treatment everymonth she has got severe gas problem in the stomach and doctors said that it is common because of anti biotic used . Two days back we have taken Endoscopy and found that she has some wounds in the pipe where food goes. Doctor suggest to stop the pulse treatment and advised to take Gastric trouble medicines for 6 weeks , please suggest what food is recommended for her and she lost weight because she is not having food properly.

UPPER GI Endoscopy Report details :
Pre Medication Xylocaine Viscous/Spray
Oesophagus Hyperemia,erythema seen in the entire oesophagus ,
No Ulcers/strictures seen
H.P Biopsy
Endoscopic Diagnosis severe Oesophagitis-Drug Induced
Fundus Normal
Body Normal
Antrum Normal

D1 Normal
D2 Normal
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in

The information is suggestive of oesophagitis

Ask her to take medications regularly and follow this advise :

1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol if used to
4] Wear loose clothes - to prevent reflux causing more damage
5] Do not stoop - to prevent reflux causing more damage
6] Do not lift heavy weights - to prevent reflux causing more damage
7] Raise the head end of your bed - to prevent reflux causing more damage
8] If Obese lose weight - to prevent reflux causing more damage
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern
Wishing your mother a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Meditation

doctor1 MD

Respected doctor, I have been suffering from slip disc, disc3. Right now I have been getting treatment for the last one month. I am doing Yoga . I Have been suffering from back pain for the last three months and consulted the doctor when I felt pain in right leg. I am doing Yoga suggested by the physio. I want to recover fast kindly guide me . Thanks Deep (39yrs)

doctor1 MD

I ve had Fibromyalgia for about 25 years now and am doing so bad it s scary. I ve changed my diet over the years and eat really well, vegetarian, no nightshades, all organics, well balanced. I meditate and do Yoga and started pool therapy but I become a wreck, even when I take it easy. My mind is going. Memory loss and confusion and balance is awful. About 4 years ago I had a fall and got Complex Regional Pain Syndrome to go with it. My chronic sinusitis has become unbearable with roaring in my ears and insane sinusitis. At 58, I m getting scared my mind days are numbered. Sincerely, R. Jane Gagner

doctor1 MD

my tsh was 7.34 3yrs back..........i suffered from weakness and had a high pulse rate......(ECG reports said impaired diastolic relaxation) for the past one year i have not been taking any medicines .............i do yoga......can yoga alone cure it .............i dont want to take any more there any other way out to get away with it soon

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing intermittent symptoms of dark urine indicative of blood, and I am HIV positive. This all started after a yoga class, but it has nor subsided in over 24 hours... I am over 40. What should I prepare myself for as possible, or likely causes...

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

doctor1 MD

I have had arthritis for thirty years, I am just starting to grunt and groan at the smallest irritation over any annoyance and walking, 73 years, I have tried green tea to calm my self down, I cant get into a calm peaceful state of mind, I used to...

doctor1 MD

I'm having recurring sharp pains in my head. Seems to be behind right eye and radiates to top of head. Pain is fleeting, but head feels strange after. Should I be concerned. First pain hit at around 3:30 this afternoon. Have had four in the past...