Have pemphigus vulgaris. Getting gas problem after taking pulse treatment. Proper diagnosis?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Dear sir, My mother age is 50 and she is suffering from Phemphigus vulgaris and taking pulse treatment but after taking pulse treatment everymonth she has got severe gas problem in the stomach and doctors said that it is common because of anti biotic used . Two days back we have taken Endoscopy and found that she has some wounds in the pipe where food goes. Doctor suggest to stop the pulse treatment and advised to take Gastric trouble medicines for 6 weeks , please suggest what food is recommended for her and she lost weight because she is not having food properly.

UPPER GI Endoscopy Report details :
Pre Medication Xylocaine Viscous/Spray
Oesophagus Hyperemia,erythema seen in the entire oesophagus ,
No Ulcers/strictures seen
H.P Biopsy
Endoscopic Diagnosis severe Oesophagitis-Drug Induced
Stomach
Fundus Normal
Body Normal
Antrum Normal

Duodenum
D1 Normal
D2 Normal
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

The information is suggestive of oesophagitis

Ask her to take medications regularly and follow this advise :

1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol if used to
4] Wear loose clothes - to prevent reflux causing more damage
5] Do not stoop - to prevent reflux causing more damage
6] Do not lift heavy weights - to prevent reflux causing more damage
7] Raise the head end of your bed - to prevent reflux causing more damage
8] If Obese lose weight - to prevent reflux causing more damage
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern
Wishing your mother a healthy life ahead