Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have pea sized cyst or lump on anus. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
I have pea sized cyst or lump on my Anus for sometime now
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Hello and welcoem to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

From your description and attached image, it appears to be a hemorrhoid(external). Hemorrhoids are dilated veins under the skin usually due to straining during passing a bowel movement, constipation, lifting heavy objects, long duration's of being seated, etc.

Common symptoms include:
-Leakage of stool
-Lump or swelling around anus
-Itching or irritation around anus
-Pain or discomfort on sitting
-Painless bleeding while passing stool or on wiping (usually blood streaks)

If a patient would come to me with hemorrhoids I would advise:
-Increased fiber in diet (eg. fruits, vegetables, cereals, etc.)
-Plenty of fluids
-Do not strain on passing bowel
-Local application of hydrocortisone containing ointments for a week
-Soak body in warm water for 15 minutes everyday
-Keep area clean and dry (avoid soap and drying with a rough cloth, just dab the area dry)
-Ice packs to the area during the day

If no improvement is noticed within 7-14 days, I would request them to report back to me for procedural management.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor