Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have painless red spots on penis. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
For some time now I have a red spot on penis glans. It is painless & also does not have any discharge. Does not pain even when I touch. What could be this & what is the cure
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Thanks for the query.

If there is no history of any recent unprotected sex,then it rules out sexually transmitted disease ( STD).

But since you are a borderline diabetic, the chances are that this is a fungal infection and the treatment involves local application of anti fungal ointment like CANESTAN twice a day for two weeks.
Hopefully the lesion should subside soon.

In case it doesn't resolve,you may consult your doctor to find the cause and treatment.
Take proper hygienic care by gently cleaning your glans with plain water at the time of bath.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor