Have painless fleshy lump that swells after sex. What is it?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: I have a fleshy lump on my penis about half an inch long - it is painless but swells significantly after sex and becomes red... please help How long will it take to get a diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical data and reports carefully and would like to know if you are having discharge also. If yes, then, I suggest to do the culture and sensitivity tests to determine the infection (bacteria or fungus) and the appropriate treatment (antibiotic or antimycotic). If no discharge,then, the fleshy lump is due to genital warts. I'd recommend to consult an urologist immediately as you need further physical examinations: the consistency of the lumps, if they are present in the anus area, etc. The diagnosis is based on the physical examination if no discharge and won't take long. During the visit, after the physical examination, the urologist would decide the best therapy for you. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more concerns, please write back to me! Dr.Sejdini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 38 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. I have not seen any discharge but if it is a genital wart - what are the risks and treatments and should I continue sleeping with the person from whom I contracted them (ie) will things get worse if we continue to have sex?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. If no discharge, then, it is possibly a genital wart. I'd strongly suggest to see the urologist for physical examination. Genital warts infection is a highly contagious genital infections (STDs) caused by Human papilloma virus (HPV). In mild cases, they do not give pain, but give rise to such fastidious lumps. Having unprotected sex or anal sex with a partner who had HPV or did not know to have it could cause it. Treatment is based on the physical examination by your urologist. If you have only one partner, please check both of you with urologist, and get treated at the same time. Please do not use OTC medications for genital warts; go and check with urologist or sexologist specialist to decide for the therapy. For the time being, depending on the treatment strategy, I'd recommend to stop having sex for a while until improvement. I also advise to always practice safe sex. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more questions, please write me back at the follow up. Dr.Sejdini