Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have painful red round spots all over scalp. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
My 18-year old son has red round spots all over his scalp. They are all about the size of a pencil eraser and many have a white center. They look almost like flat pimples, except they are much larger and he has no acne on his face. They don't itch, but are painful, and they really are a bright red color. He has a small beard on his face but no red spots there.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern.

He seems to be having a breakout of folliculitis, which is bacterial infection of the skin.

I would recommend that he apply neosporin cream on the lesions.

That will resolve these lesions.

Also washing of hair with cetavlon shampoo will be useful.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor