Have painful red circular spots on inner thighs. Any suggestion?

Dr. Pravin Banodkar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My 79 year old wife has had a large (2-inch) red circular spot on both of her inner thighs for over a year. She experiences some pain and ichingness as well. She uses several common medications mostly assoiated ithe growing old but nothing for the spots. Can you suggest anything?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for the question posted.
From your description it looks like a fixed drug eruption or contact dermatitis.or tinea corporis .
You should apply over the counter applications like Cortaid cream with canestan cream on area twice a day for 10 days.
Please do book an appointment with the Dermatologist.
Thanks and take care .