Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Have painful red circular spots on inner thighs. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
My 79 year old wife has had a large (2-inch) red circular spot on both of her inner thighs for over a year. She experiences some pain and ichingness as well. She uses several common medications mostly assoiated ithe growing old but nothing for the spots. Can you suggest anything?
Thank you
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Thanks for the question posted.
From your description it looks like a fixed drug eruption or contact dermatitis.or tinea corporis .
You should apply over the counter applications like Cortaid cream with canestan cream on area twice a day for 10 days.
Please do book an appointment with the Dermatologist.
Thanks and take care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor