Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have painful pus filled lump inside clitoris. How to cure this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I have alump inside my clitorus that is very painful if i push on it pus comes out and has very bad odor. I am only sexually active with my husband of 12 years and am 37 if that matters is this something that needs attention or will it just drain like a cyst and disapear?
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
I read your query and understand your concerns. The swelling you are describing appear to be arising out of either mucous glands or base of hair follicles. Since it has a bad odor, it appears to be infected. You need to start antibiotics immediately if infected. I would suggest that you to visit a gynecologist and get examined for accurate diagnosis. It is likely to be needed to operate and remove. You also need to be assessed for infection. Please visit a gynecologist today.
I hope I addressed your concern.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor