Have painful pus filled lump inside clitoris. How to cure this?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have alump inside my clitorus that is very painful if i push on it pus comes out and has very bad odor. I am only sexually active with my husband of 12 years and am 37 if that matters is this something that needs attention or will it just drain like a cyst and disapear?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
I read your query and understand your concerns. The swelling you are describing appear to be arising out of either mucous glands or base of hair follicles. Since it has a bad odor, it appears to be infected. You need to start antibiotics immediately if infected. I would suggest that you to visit a gynecologist and get examined for accurate diagnosis. It is likely to be needed to operate and remove. You also need to be assessed for infection. Please visit a gynecologist today.
I hope I addressed your concern.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli