Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have painful piles. How to reduce the pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Piles pain.How to reduce the pain?
Patient Detail:Female,age:25
Pain started after traveling for 900km by road.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 12 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
Travelling such a distance is not a easy job. However sometimes it becomes necessary.
Have you confirmed the diagnosis of piles by going to a doctor?

However, at present she needs
1. Lignocaine jelly for local use thrice daily as well as before and after using the toilet.
2. Bowel softeners - like cremafin syrup (pink or white) or lactulose syrup 20 ml at night for 5 days at-least.
3. High fiber diet - bread, greens, fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. High Water and fruit juice intake at least 4 liters daily.

Consult a surgeon (doctor) to look for local problems, confirm the diagnosis and treatment based on the findings of examination.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have painful piles. How to reduce the pain? 6 minutes later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply.Yes she was diagnosed by piles and also advised for surgical treatment longtime back i.e it was close to a year or six months back.Right now she is in a new town and suffering with pain.Is there any tablet which can help in reducing the pain along with the lignocaine jelly.When she is back i would have the chance to take her to a surgeon.Please advise on some pain killers.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 minutes later
She can use a combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol ( sold as combiflam) thrice daily after food for three days - IF SHE DOES NOT HAVE STOMACH ULCER.

Also sitting in a shallow bucket containing warm water (SITZ BATH - it is called) for 10 minutes twice daily should ease the pain.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor