Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have painful lump at back near waist area with pus coming out. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
dear Sir,

My mother is 54 years old and since one week a lump is seen on her back near the waist area and also it is painful and pus is coming from that.please advice what it may be and how to cure it.

Thanking you in advance.. XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be an abscess

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic
From the description it could be an abscess ( collection of pus) usually because of infection of hair follicle.
Is she a diabetic ?
You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Usually abscess is treated with antibiotics and if there is a lot of pus collection it should be drained by incision by a doctor.
Waiting to see the photo to guide you better.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor