Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have painful bump on anal region. Easy way to cure this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
I have a soft bump about the size of a kidney bean on/in my anal passage/sphincter area. It is soft almost squishy to the touch. There is no discharge of any kind of fluid. During bowel movements or even if I shift the wrong way while sitting causes a sharp painful sensation as if I had sat on a thumb tack. However the rest of the time I hardly notice it aside from the slight pressure it puts on the rest of my anus. Also while I can feel it on the surface I cannot see it when I look.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 56 minutes later
Swelling in the anal region of that size can be External haemorroid(pile).
If it is causing pain ,then it might be thrombosed pile.
Please consult a surgeon any get it removed by simple surgery
Nothing to worry
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor