Have painful bump between vagina and anus. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: I have a bump on inbetween vagina and anus painful to touch or when i wipe. It has been there for a while and I have only had sex with one person who was a virgin
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

If this lump comes from the anus or is connected with the verge of it, most likely this is hemorrhoid. If this lump is not in touch with anus, most likely this is an abscess. Such abscess can be caused by local skin infection or can be a result of rectal fistula. Usually an abscess is very painful, skin on its area is tender and reddish.
Hemorrhoid is usually dark red or even black and movable.
To treat an abscess surgical incision is necessary and antibiotics should be prescribed.
Hemorrhoids when are present outside the rectum should be also removed with surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.