Have painful and burning sores inside mouth along with acidity and metallic taste. What does it indicate?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i have small sores in the right side inside my mouth- some times there is a pain and burning sensation but again only on the right side. left side is all OK, it gets ok but then re occurs.i have a bad throat and acidity. some time there is a metallic taste again on the right side of the tongue - there is a spot where a slightly bigger sores reappears .
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastroesophageal reflux disease Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. It suggests that you may be suffering from the gastroesophageal reflux disease which is responsible for your small sores in the right side inside your mouth. I personally advised for this that you may take---> 1. Antacid and prokinetic drugs. 2. Avoiding alcohol and spicy, fatty or acidic foods 3. Eating smaller meals 4. Not eating close to bedtime 5. Losing weight if needed 6. Wearing loose-fitting clothes To reach the near diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease you may---> 1. Consult the ENT specialist 2. Investigations such as- Hb%, Folic acid, Minerals and Vitamins. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj