Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have pain under rib cage and feels bubbling sensation with belching. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5761 Questions
hi ...i have a pain in under my rib cage on the right side sometimes co ming out my back ...standing and stretching f eases it sitting makes it worse...sometimes i can feel a bubbling curdling sensation in the area also ....have belching...its been coming an going on an off for a few weeks
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are very characteristic for gallstones. It gives upper right pain radiating to the back. Nausea and vomiting can appear. The symptoms can be triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods and alcohol.
I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound done. Liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP,AP) should be also done. If the gallstones will be confirmed, laparoscopic surgery should be done.
In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods and alcohol.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor