Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Have pain on the right abdominal while carrying some weight. Had laproscopic surgery for prostate cancer. Related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
On Dec 18 I was carrying a light object up a flight of stairs. I tripped on top stair. while regaining balance I felt somthing tear on right side. Felt like someone ripped a 1/4" rope out of my body. Severe pain lasted about 5 minutes . Thought for sure that i had hernia but I have no buldges. Dropped mr to my knees. Tear feels like it is 2" to right of center to 2" below belly button. Vertical pain. I also have pain across abdomin below belly button across front. Feels like a severe muscle pull. The pain is like a XXXXXXX burn. and is aggrivated when I try to move legs away from center of body . Thought pain would subside with time. Does not hurt when I stand, but kind of sore to touch. but does hurt across lower abdomin when I cough. Does this sound like a muscle pull or like somting ripped that requires special treatment. FYI about 2 years ago I had laprscopic surgery for prostate cancer. Healed wonderfully no symptoms of return
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of pulled muscles and it may take about 2-3 weeks for complete healing. As per the surgery is concern it will not affect you after 2 years as the healing of the surgical injury (if occurred) has been completed. Do not worry about that.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fermentation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal.

Feel free to consult your doctor if pain increase or you have fever or abnormal swelling at the site. A sonography may be needed in that case.
Hope this will help you. Write back for any follow up query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor