Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have pain in disc and back after an accident. On BP medicine. Cause and cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
my husband has always had muscular legs, but they are now rock hard even the thighs, he is on blood pressure medicine. if we go for a walk it pains him. After an accident at work he has pain in his back, the discs are worn.
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 25 minutes later
Thanks for the query. There few reasons which can cause leg pain. If the blood circulation not enough to the legs. Otherwise stenosis of the spinal canal in the back. If problem is quite severe and causing disability to him like difficulty in walking then this needs to be investigated. He may have tight muscles and regular hamstring, femoral and calf muscle stretching may help him. Let me know if he has any particular complaints. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have pain in disc and back after an accident. On BP medicine. Cause and cure? 35 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt answer, what is the symptoms of stenosis of the spinal canal.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 7 hours later
Spinal stenosis means narrowing of the spinal canal and it can happen in cervical and lumbar spine.

In the neck, Narrowing in the upper (cervical) spine can cause numbness, weakness or tingling in a leg, foot, arm or hand. In severe cases, nerves to the bladder or bowel may be affected, leading to incontinence.

In the lower back, compressed nerves in your lower (lumbar) spine can cause pain or cramping in your legs when you stand for long periods of time or when you walk. The discomfort usually eases when you bend forward or sit down.

If we suspect this problem then we get spine x-rays and MRI to confirm the diagnosis.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor