Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have pain in collar bone usually after eating ad drinking. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I have pain in my left collar bone usually after I eat or drink something. It is a dull aching pain that lasts sometimes for over an hour. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be a soft tissue pathology

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Since the collar bone is more of a fibrous bone, healing of any sort of fracture even complete may be weak. The pain could be due to improper healing but it is a rare possibility as the pain you have is dull in nature. Collar bone defects usually give rise to sharp pains.

I suspect there to be some soft tissue pathology near the collar bone probably a lymph node swelling owing to the history of cancer.

I suggest you to get an Xray of the Collar bone first to rule out defects in the bone and then proceed with a CT scan which may help to identify the soft tissue involved.

Please let me know if there are any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor