Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have pain during retraction of foreskin. Related to blood sugar level anywhere?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
i have bunching of my foreskin each time my sugar level goes up by which is painful when i pull it down & it squeezes my organ.My sugar level two hours after my dinner was 258 last night.This condition has been with me for about one month now.Pl advise.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 14 minutes later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with pain during retraction of foreskin and rectifying. To tell you frankly it is a normal phenomenon to have bunching of foreskin which might at times be painful during repositioning particularly if your foreskin is long. It has got nothing to do with spiking of blood sugar. Sugar level of 258 is however on the higher side. If the problem persists the options are........
1. Circumcision
2. Use of lubricants
3. Use of fluticasone skin cream
This will help in reducing the pain. Additionally you need to keep your blood sugar under control and i am not sure if you are on antidiabetic drugs. Poor sugar control may lead to frequent infections even in the genital region. Hope you gained some clarity on the issue.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist and specialist-psychosexual disorders
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor