Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have pain at the tip of penis. No inflammation and redness. Tried lidocaine and cortizone. Suggest?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
I have a very irritating pain at the tip of my penis. I have had for 3 years. I have seen over 3 urologists and 5 medical doctors Who have no idea what it is. There is no sign of inflammation or redness. it looks like a normal penis. It is very sensitive when it rubs against my boxers. I have tried almost every cream with no relief. All of the doctors said it was not an STD. Have you ever heard of this condition? may be a kidney stone that is on the nerve? that is what Google is saying.

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Male
Person's Age: 25
What have you tried so far?: lidocaine,cortizone,neosporine
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to strcture of terminal urethra.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have irritating pain at the tip of penis since last three years.I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you started getting this problem ?
2) Are you diabetic ?
3) Did you pass any small stone in urine in the past?
4) How is your stream, is it normal forceful or there is spraying of the stream. ?
5) Do you have to strain to pass urine?
6) Have you ever undergone any handling (Instrumentation)of your penis in the past.?
7) Have you ever done Ultrasound scanning to rule out stone in urinary system?

Mostly it looks to be due to narrowing of the terminal urethra ,However this can be confirmed by endoscopic examination of urethral passage .

Please post me whatever information that you can to make suggestions on your problem.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor