Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have pain and soreness on rib cage. Painful while siting. Feel bloated and uncomfortable. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
have pain an soreness under right side of rib cage with last few days...radiating around rib cage to my back rib cage feels sore to touch..more painfull when sitting have belching have a little relief when standing . .have a feeling of bubbling an rumbling sensation in the area feel bloated and uncomfortable
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are very characteristic for gallstones. The pain can be triggered by a fatty or spicy foods. Nausea and vomiting can be present. The pain can come and go.
I suggest you to visit your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound and blood work should be done at first. In case of gallstones, laparoscopic surgery should be done. If the ultrasound will be negative, gastroscopy should be done.

In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods and alcohol.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have pain and soreness on rib cage. Painful while siting. Feel bloated and uncomfortable. Suggestions? 6 minutes later
is there any other treatment for gallstones other than surgery?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chenodeoxycholic acid treatment

Detailed Answer:
Some doctors may advice you chenodeoxycholic acid treatment but its effectiveness is questionable. Surgery is the only permanent solution.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor