Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have ovarian cyst with small oblong periphral hyperechoic clot. Surgery needed?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Hello doctor
im 32 yrs of age and a cyst of siz 32x35x30 mm arising from right ovary with small oblong periphral hyperechoic focus -likely could be resolving clot within
and left ovary a large cyst of size 7.8x5.5x5.9 cm seen arising from the left ovary with few XXXXXXX echoes no obivious calcifications septations or solid components seen within the cyst
mildly thickenedendometrium
bilateral ovarian cysts left larger than right
for clinical and lab corrlation
serium CA-125 levels estimation is recommended
sir /madam
is surgery is compulsory or medication can be preferred because im not gone for any surgery until now
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 39 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

With your ultrasound report, it seems that left ovarian cyst is quite larger than the right one. You also need to estimate serum CA-125 (for cancerous change of the cyst) before taking any kind of intervention.

In this circumstances, best treatment option is surgical removal of both side cysts. It can be done by laparotomy or laparoscopy under general anesthesia. After that, histopathological examination (under microscope) of the ovarian cyst is mandatory to rule out any type of cancerous changes.

Here, you can resolve your fertility along with regular period. Other presenting symptoms can also be improved following surgery.

Therefore, you should consult with gynecologist for next line of management after clinical examination & some relevant investigations.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor