Have olivish skin. Noticed discoloration below nipple. Any ideas?
Thanks for your query and sorry for the delay in replying. Just a busy schedule.
The discolouration can be Tinea versicolor (TV) or a light eruption due to excessive sun exposure. Light eruptions are usually itchy hence possibility of TV is more. Multiple discoloured patches can occur in front and back of chest especially in persons working in excessive heat. A short course of oral and topical anti fungal is required to cure.
Get this prescribed from the local GP/Dermatologist. I am happy to take further queries.
Dr Rohit Batra
Have you seen this type of coloring and shape before?
Also how do you get TV?
Thanks for the follow up.
TV is a fungal infection which occurs due to sweat and heat. It can present in any shape and various colours ranging from black to white.
Other rare possibilities which can similar lesions are Lichen simplex atrophicans, post inflammatory hypopigmentation, etc. But TV seems to be the closest possibility.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.
Dr Rohit Batra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nipple discoloration after hysterectomy
- Soreness and discoloration nipples
- Have olivish skin noticed discoloration below nipple any ideas
- Yellow dry skin nipple
- Pulsation below left nipple
- Nipple is discolored and cracked open
- Nipple leaking discolored fluid
- Tiny white spots on nipple below the skin
- Dried skin cells on nipples
- Discoloration of nipples after free nipple graft